Hello,

I tried to run a freeciv server with authentication and a MySQL database under Arch Linux which uses MariaDB instead. The script setup_auth_server.sh didn't work for that. It uses two commands to create the appropriate tables (line 424 and 438):

CREATE TABLE $TABLE_USER (id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(48) default NULL, password varchar(32) default NULL, email varchar(128) default NULL, createtime int(11) default NULL, accesstime int(11) default NULL, address varchar(255) default NULL, createaddress varchar(255) default NULL, logincount int(11) default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id), UNIQUE KEY name (name) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE $TABLE_LOG ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(48) default NULL, logintime int(11) default NULL, address varchar(255) default NULL, succeed enum('S','F') default 'S', PRIMARY KEY (id) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

This doesn't work with MariaDB 5.5.33 because of 'TYPE=MyISAM' which is deprecated/removed. It also seems to be deprecated in MySQL. So even if there is no problem yet, there will probably be one in the future I guess. The correct syntax to specify the storage engine would be: 'ENGINE=MyISAM' ( http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=47974 ) I changed both lines in my setup_auth_server.sh and it works fine on my system.

I hope it's okay to send this to the mailing list since I am not sure if this is considered a bug.

Cheers, Manuel