                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 3.0.0

I build freeciv-server from the source on the machine that will host it. With
limited diskspace on that server, it's unfortunate that I need entire freeciv
source tree to do so. Ideally I want to build from svn export (even if it's
from release tag), but even going to tarball does not help, unless a lot of
effort has been used to tailor that tarball so that it contains everything
running configure requires (that includes Makefile.ins on all the directories,
and I-dont-know-what-random-files).

It should be possible to checkout only part(s) of the freeciv tree to build
the server.
As a major source hierarchy and build system rework, I would target to 3.0
instead of 2.6 - time until S2_6 is branched would be used to planning and
maybe preparing the patches (so that 3.0 development will use new hierarchy
almost from the beginning)

This would make backporting patches from TRUNK to S2_6 harder as files would
not be where patch expects them.