                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

I've seen a couple of people recently confused by the "off" label in the
Freeciv interface (next to tax rates, government etc -- the bit that would
show the timeout were it enabled). One on the forum
<http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=234>, one on IRC.

Single-player users will likely never enable the timeout, thus they'll never
see it say anything other than "off", so its function will not become
evident.

The obvious thing (in the Gtk clients at least) is a tooltip that appears when
you hover over it saying "Turn timeout is disabled" or similar.
What might it usefully say when there is a timeout? The obvious thing is the
absolute value of TC (in some time zone), but I'm wary of that until we have a
better story for getting the server and client in sync on this point (bug
#20572 and friends) -- without that the client will look definitive and yet be
wrong. So I'm inclined to leave it blank for now.