Follow-up Comment #2, task #7763 (project freeciv):

> But it's a crap choice to have to make.

Yes.

Would it make sense to upload crosser based build (if one with neither bug can
be made) to sourceforge, and if yes, where there (presumably not to same place
with the official installer builds to avoid confusion, people accidentally
downloading something which they cannot easily install).

I can make such an build available in cazfi.net in any case, but as I always
need to remove old builds to make space for new ones, it would live there only
a couple of months.

crosser itself is in sourceforge in its own project, so current versions of
it, one that I would now build freeciv against, will remain available even
when new one gets released.

  <http://gna.org/task/?7763>