                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

A conversation on #longturn led me to think that it would be useful to have a
setting for a minimum number of voters required for a vote to pass.

Currently, if only a single player (cmdlevel basic) is online, their proposals
will automatically pass. This probably doesn't matter for "traditional" games,
but for Longturn-style play, it's quite likely that a player ends up on a
server on their own.

I'm thinking of a server setting 'quorum' that requires a minimum number of
voters (and/or votes cast?) before a vote can resolve; if quorum=3, three
players have to be online before the vote can pass or fail. (Or maybe players
can log in, cast a vote, and log off, and still be counted toward the
quorum.)

(This isn't actually needed for longturn.org, where akfaew's policy is I think
that players don't get to change settings at all. I haven't run a server
myself, especially not one with voting in use, so maybe I've missed some
reason this wouldn't be useful.)