Update of bug #21583 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #8:

> A conversation with a friend makes me wonder whether our use of
> SO_REUSEADDR might be implicated.

>From the article it sounds so. In fact, I can't understand why has
SO_REUSEADDR ever been introduced there - doesn't sound something we would
ever need. Attached patch simply removes it. At least in S2_4 I would be
inclined to leave patch #4471 workaround to stand in addition to this, even if
this seems to fix the actual problem. From the article it seems that the fix
might not work on some version of Windows. Patch #4471 in turn does not fix
reclaiming of a socket in cases other than one manually started server in
default port + one client spawned server, so having both gives maximum
stability we can reach.

(file #20336)

File name: SoReuseAddrRm.patch            Size:0 KB