Is this just about the graphics, or are there other structural or narrative
issues with the alien ruleset that need to be addressed for inclusion?  While
I also have other motivations, the alien ruleset has provided a fair amount of
incentive for supporting complex nativity, etc.

I haven't done a deep review of the specific rules since last year but at that
time the main thing I noticed other than the engine support issues were
related to some of the vision arithmetic assuming !hex topologies.