This is vastly complex, which is probably needed, given the intended
application.  Is this just for the civ2civ3 Aqueducts, or are there other
intended applications?  Given the difficulties of explaining any
implementation for both players and ruleset authors, I'd hope it would be
useful for more than just tidiness in a single ruleset (yes, I can think of
some hypothetical examples, but most of the concrete ones seem more
interesting strategically in terms of absolute restriction (e.g. can't build
Horsemen without either Horses or a Traderoute to a city with Horses)).