Both the AI and help use similar constructions to untangle requirements: one
of the sensible prerequsites of this patch would be to generalise these calls
such that the calling modules are asking sensible questions (e.g. What must
happen to construct this unit?  What value does this technology provide?,
etc.).

Flags help some, and being able to construct arbitrary numbers of similar
effects helps some, but there's still some things that are impossible without
disjunction: the example I often consider is "this improvement may be built
with an adjacent mountain or river (which I believe was once the default for
Hydro Plant)".