> I propose that transporter_for_unit() ranks candidate
> transports by nesting depth, and a transport with the least
> nesting depth is chosen.

That's the most logical solution. In theory (I don't propose really doing it)
we could even in the lack of complete loading UI to make Load and Unload to
work one nesting level at the time. When you first Load diplomat, it enters
Ferry. When it has already entered the ship, and you Load again, it enters Bus
inside the Ferry or Helicopter on the deck.