Entirely unrelated to this ticket, but the sequence `git checkout S2_4; make
distclean; ./autogen.sh --enable-debug; make -j9` didn't work for me today,
reporting "tolua_signal_gen.c:246:80: error: 'LUA_OK' undeclared (first use in
this function)".  Since I recently installed and uninstalled a fair bit of
software, I expect this is a local issue, rather than a bug.  I tried to work
around it with different options to ./configure without success, but haven't
investigated in depth.