                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: persia
         Planned Release: 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Currently, when assigned to guard a unit, sailing units attempt to meet their
charge at the destination, and non-sailing units attempt to meet their charge
at the charges current location.

For S2_5, where only simple nativity matters, sailing units should verify the
charge is actually headed somewhere, as otherwise they decide they are unable
to meet the charge (even if they are initially on the same tile), and find
another job to do.

For trunk, I've replaced the decision tree for whether to go to the charge or
meet the charge at the destination with some simple calculations related to
relative distances and rough estimates of travel.  I'm not convinced this is
the best way to decide, but didn't want to invoke pathfinding to recreate the
charge's potential route (which was discarded previously), and then use
bodyguard pathfinding to determine the fastest rendezvous point from which the
bodyguard can still reach the goal tile at the same time as the charge, as I
thought this might be computationally expensive.  A compromise solution
currently eludes me.

File Attachments:

Date: Sat 28 Jun 2014 07:01:38 PM JST  Name:
sailing-units-continue-guarding-stationary-charges.S2_5.patch  Size: 880B
By: persia

Date: Sat 28 Jun 2014 07:01:38 PM JST  Name:
distance-based-calculation-for-meeting-cahrges.patch  Size: 2kB   By: persia