                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

The feature where local servers try to advertise their existence on the local
network and local clients scan for this doesn't work reliably on all platforms
and network configurations.

This ticket collects all reports together, since fixing one configuration
without breaking another probably requires all of them to be considered
simultaneously.

How it's supposed to work (from bug #21004):
> 1. Start server
> 2. Start client
> 3. "Connect to Network Game"
> 4. Wait a couple of seconds for server to appear in "Local Area Network"
-tab (open by default)

(While we're in here, we may also want to sort out registering multicast
group(s) with IANA or whatever, if we're currently using unassigned number
space.)