As you added tile_remove_extra() call to earlier phase, I assume you meant to
remove it from the latter phase, but you remove only the empty line before
it.

> more complicate to implement this for S2_4 and S2_5, so probably
> it could be considered as a new feature in 2.6.0.

Handle 2.6/TRUNK in this ticket, and open a new one for S2_5 (S2_4 is going
end-of-life soon anyway + one should not include risky updates there in the
last minute) so at least we remember that the bug exist in S2_5 (even if that
ticket doesn't get fixed during the lifetime of S2_5)