Yeah, it's not long since someone pointed out to me that we're actually GPLv2+
while I had been under impression of GPLv2 for a very long time (including
some discussion around the time GPLv3 was first released if there's any way
freeciv project could switch to GPLv3 if we wanted, as we, unlike what fsf
does with any contributions it gets, have not transfered copyright from the
authors of the contributions to the project, and so have no right to change
the license from what copyright holders have contributed for)