On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 18:58:47 +1030
"Michael T. Pope" <mp...@computer.org> wrote:
> Very serious, alpha-release blocking:
>     BR#3121 Cant attack shipt
>         Desynchronization.  Must fix, working on catching it now.

Marcin came through with a test case, and I am hopeful this is now fixed.
Hooray!

I have been play testing quite a bit since Christmas, and while I have
found bugs and fixed them, the only thing that is really annoying is that
the GUI is weirdly slow at times --- just simple things like popping up
a yes/no dialog take seconds when they should be near instantaneous.
This seems to be worse with large games, but even small ones show the
effect.  This may well be BR#3102.  I did the obvious test of increasing
the memory available to the JVM by a factor of 8, but this did not help
(AFAICT my large game was running the garbage collector about once per
second, increasing the memory relaxed that to once every 3s).

Anyway, as I have a bit more time off ATM, I can give FreeCol a good
amount of attention, so I think we are ready to do an alpha-release.

Cheers,
Mike Pope