Hi!

2-Апр-2004 11:43 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Johnson Lam) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

JL> MEMA/C or /A with /P give me a scrolled screen, I can see the programs
JL> layout but can't scrolled back,

     Of course, MEM doesn't store screen output into internal buffers. If
you wish to use scrolling possibility, use 3rd party utilities (usually
named LESS).

JL> I suggest MEMA/C can give a brief display of just programs

     ...with summary of used memory. Yes, this will be so.

JL> /P should be default,

     I may add possibility to "pause" by default if output isn't redirected
(to file), but this option wasn't default for any original DOS program.
Also, imagine: you redirect to NUL (which is character device, like CON) and
will not know, why MEM is "hang" whereas it simply waits "any key" after
each screen.

JL> can implement like "more", press "q" to quit or any key to scroll

     This functionality is out of scope MEM. Again: for this extended
scrolling functionality you should use 3rd part scrolling programs (LESS) or
redirect to file (which you may browse with any viewer/editor).

JL> Also, I'm very sorry but honestly say: Central Point PCTools V9 MI's
JL> two column high/low layout impress me too much, you can try the two
JL> column layout, it may not very useful but stupid as me can spot the
JL> program is "high" or "low", or 300byte "low" and "20k" high.

     First, all lines in complete list (/A) above separator relate to (and
only to) low memory, all lines below separator relate only to (and only to)
upper memory. To see how much given _program_ (not alone memory block) uses
_both_ low and upper memory, was designed /C option.