Hello,
I was reading your site!!!!!! (FreeDos) Man it looks great. I'm not a coder, so I really don't know what it can do.
> Can it run on the internet?

yes, using ancient browsers like Lynx or Arachne. not easy.

Is it fast?

fast for what?
it's a single-application operating system (no multitasking), so all resources (memory, processor)
are available to the currently running application.
but not all applications can access all resources. that's not a DOS problem but a problem with the application.

Will it find my hardware?

No way, not by itself. DOS is ancient, and can only run a few hardware types. Network, sound, modem, screen, harddisk, cdrom, diskette. That's about it, I think. All need to be setup manually (except floppy and harddisk)

I was reading about a different O/S written in assembler also, and small, will fit on floppy.
> it has a site too. I thnk it's called menuet.com. Is this based from your code?

MenuetOS is a 32bit operating system made in Assembly(Assembler?), and runs from a
single diskette.
it's a nice programming demonstration, but no (limited) real world use like FreeDOS
has.

I have a extra hard drive, I was thinking about putting your O/S on it. Is it secure?

yes, it's not easy for others to gain access to your system from the internet or network. But as always, any user that can access the physical machine can also try to hack it.

I hate to be a Dum Dum but I just have to ask.

questions welcome.

thanks
Marshall

Bernd Blaauw

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by Sleepycat Software Learn developer strategies Cisco, Motorola, Ericsson & Lucent use to deliver higher performing products faster, at low TCO. http://www.sleepycat.com/telcomwpreg.php?From=osdnemail3 _______________________________________________ Freedos-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel