> Hi, now that DOSLFN has grown far better than the outdated LFNDOS,

*now* ? did I miss something ?

> does everybody agree to remove LFNDOS from the official FreeDOS
> software list (LSM database)?
no.

actually the *whole* LSM database sucks anyway (in case of LFNDOS,
it's completely outdated, and both links point to 404);
try to make a *sensible* database, possible even with something useful
like 'to download current version klick [here]'

> I am asking because there was once
> a project to link LFNDOS to some kernel hooks,

if *I* would do anything like that, I'd start with 'C' sources,
not with some funny ASM stuff. so I'd like to keep it around.

> allowing a quite
> performant LFN support, but now that LFNDOS got so deprecated,
who deprecated it ?

> think we can just as well try to connect DOSLFN to those kernel
> hooks as soon as we feel some urge to have high-speed LFN.
I'd leave the decision what, when and how to hook/link/etc. to
the actual developer - should one ever volunteer :/

tom