Hi, well, honestly,

I think the most "in style" way to have an API for FDRC would
be to have a way to send strings like "4+sqrt(2)" to the
calculator and receive a string with the result. Maybe with
some extra functions like "round(2, 4+sqrt(2))" which would
return "5.41" and "hex(42)" (returns "2a") and similar, as
nobody wants to have values like "1.0000000e-02" in some
receipt mentioning a single cent ;-). In any case I see only
little use for an interface which would let you access every
single math function separately.

Such an interface would be lightweight (you can even use it
as install check) and would fit the most common use of a TSR
calculator - invoking a calculator / expression evaluator
from within a shell, editor, ide, GUI or similar app.

One could even interface it from some SET plugin, which
would make some uses of SET /E with CALC387 easier ;-).

The return string of the TSR calculator could be in a
fixed buffer in FDRC, or it could overwrite the buffer
of the caller which contained the string sent to FDRC.

The latter is safe as long as FDRC is documented to never
return strings longer than, say, 140 ASCII chars. You can
try something like bin(factorial(33)) and assume that the
calculator has max 128 bit internal representation.

Of course I would be interested in adding some menu items
for calling FDRC to our EDIT :-).

Eric