On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:45:33 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Pat,

>Interestingly enough, a lot of responses seem not care about new
>development.  Some even go as far as saying that whatever we have for
>dos extenders, memory managers, etc., is good enough.  Does this mean

I don't think so.
I can only say FreeDOS reach a certain level of compatibility of
MS-DOS, and it still can have a lot of improvement.

>that there is no new development expected from the majority of FreeDOS
>developers?

IMO, a smaller, solid and flexable kernel is highest priority.

Kernel grows bigger each release, but the compatibility with MS-DOS
still not finished, the syntax in CONFIG.SYS still have a big
difference.

Fastest way to change even need no coding: to clear up the naming
scheme and version of the FreeDOS, drop the confusing "2036test" or
"082pl3" and back to simpler one.

After the new scheme deployed, that will have a certain impact to the
boring scene, and let the DOS developers that FreeDOS still active.

Something like this will be even better:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/status.php?show_status=1&begaming_website_session=afded9279c6b3e3b5b5b863917bc122d

Rgds,
Johnson.