> Hehe, feature creep coming up :).

as usual.

> * LASTDRIVE= modification on the fly.

CDS resizing isn't trivial though. It is in fact quite complicated, and
might be problematic in various environments (MSW, resident software
keeping pointers into the CDS, etc). It will also usually fragment memory.

I just checked a suspicion I had, and I indeed remembered correctly that
SHSUCDX keeps a variable CDSBase pointing to the CDS which it reads from
the list list's pointer once when installing. SHSUCDX therefore assumes
the CDS to stay where it is. (Now, we can of course modify SHSUCDX, but
"caching" pointers to all sorts of DOS internal data in this way
unfortunately appears to be quite common. That's why relocation of DOS
internal data isn't viable generally.) CDS resizing without relocation is
possible if there's free memory behind it, but usually there isn't.

> But if Jeremy's devload 3.23 modifications prove to be working, I'm
> happy already.

Of course. A working basic implementation is important, adding loads of
additional features not so much.

Regards,
Christian