my hp because it is HP PCL 5/6 you can dump text and formfeeds straight into
it, though because font sizes etc have not been set, text size is rather large
and duplexer is not taken advantage of.

also, my officejet printer is a network printer and uses HP SLP or HPLIP or the
port 9100 thing, it has a jetdirect. so I am not sure how I am going to print,
with usb cable or via network... ? not sure what to do with canon, epson,
brother, etc. maybe they use HP PCL5 also?

I suppose if you could telnet the text from stdin or something into the
printer? :-)