Hi Eric!

Yes, this shell (as well as my GUI from which I'm porting it) is completely
open source.

I guess it could fit under either category? When the port is finished, it
will be an exact clone of the MS-DOS command.com, only with added features.
Users need not concern themselves with said added features unless they wish
to do so, as it will be functionally identical to the shell they're used to
unless they explicitly make use of the advanced options. That said, I
certainly don't wish to step on any toes, as it were, so if the best course
of action is to put it in "Util" then so be it. I'm not petitioning the
disposal of the tried-and-true FreeCOM by any means. :)

Hosting isn't a problem - I already have a website to host my projects and
adding a spot for this shell when it's finished won't be a problem. I'm
mainly just seeking a listing somewhere on the "all software" list so folks
know it's available.

My next question: How do I get my software listed on the FreeDOS site? Is
it a Wiki-type situation where I can go in and edit it myself or does
someone else handle that? Maybe I jump the gun here and I would find out
more if I just waited for Jim and Rugxulo to reply as you suggested, eh? lol

Speaking of Jim, I know he was requesting help redesigning the software
list and I emailed him to volunteer for it, but have received no reply to
date. If that's still needed, I'd be happy to do that as well.

Overall, I love this project and want to help as much as I can. :)

Best regards,
Mercury