Wow, thanks Louis for the epic response!Much respect.

-jesse

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
From: Louis Santillan
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 18:38
To: Technical discussion and questions for FreeDOS developers.
Reply To: Technical discussion and questions for FreeDOS developers.
Subject: Re: [Freedos-devel] Hello!

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM, J.K. Benedict <xenfomat...@outlook.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> #1. Has anyone assembled a doc on creating the preferred "developer's
> sandbox"? I use many languages and want to ensure any software I offer meets

Read here [0][1][2][3].  Short answer, "reference C compiler" is
"OpenWatcom C", and the "reference Assembler" is "NASM".

> #2. From a previous email and since I am stuck in a Linux/FreeDOS world, had
> there been any consideration into a "multitasking" kernel + scheduler to
> promote advancements in "power" whille keeping DOS compatibility?

Read here [4][5].  Short answer not currently on the FD Road Map as a
goal, especially if it breaks compatibility.  Additionally, there
are/were several competing standards for DOS multitasking
[6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15].

---
[0] http://www.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/FreeDOS_Manifesto
[1] http://www.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/Coding