On 16/05/2015 13:01, Eric Auer wrote:
> Thanks for the interesting FreeDOS wish list, Mateusz!

Actually, I think it would be good to put such list somewhere on our
Wiki, I will see to edit something. If anyone can think of some
reasonable needs found in real-world situations, please chip in, I will
collect the need to compile a proper, public wishlist.

> Really? But then how about GPT partition support first? :-)

Could be nice to have a GPT-aware kernel indeed - sooner or later BIOSes
won't allow to boot from legacy MBR anymore, somehow that's called
"evolution" these days.

> Is there LapLink for Linux or Windows? If it is only for
> connecting DOS to DOS: FileMaven? :-) Or that VM client
> drive connectivity thing that somebody made for DOS? :-)

FileMaven is not free (not as in "GPL" at least). My typical need is
that I often need to copy a bunch of files from my Linux PC to one of my
DOS machines - the one that is networked is easy, I use scp or gopher,
but my second machine is only connected with a serial cable. But, well,
that's maybe not a very common need anyway.

Mateusz