I have tried the latest FDI-USB.IMG and I would almost be happy with it.
Yes, I can now install in french fine.
Yes, fdisk now select the D: drive that is my hard disk.
Yes, all the installation goes fine.
Except when I reboot, it reboot in loop.
My hard drive is SATA.... did read it should works just fine because
FreeDOS use BIOS.
I tried to change from SATA1+2 to SATA 1 in BIOS but then my hard
drive disappeared, had to undo it.
Tried OS is not plug-and-play... did not help.
Tried removing Virtual extension, did not help.

I had chosen FAT32... and a primary partition of 4000 MB (of about 152000).
Thinking trying not to enable large disk...

This is my main machine... writing this from Live USB key.
Any suggestion? HP Pavillon A6000n (AMD 64).