Jerome Shidel wrote:

>> On Dec 10, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Ercan Ersoy wrote:
>>
>> I'm using Oracle VirtualBox 5.1.10. I installed FreeDOS 1.2 RC2 on
>> virtual machine. I selected Turkish language in setup. In setup and
>> after install, Turkish characters isn't applied by FreeDOS.
>>

> (...) Displayed codepage
> settings are not changed during the install process or configured for
> the installed system. Probably, future versions may do that.
> Unfortunately, it is too late in the release cycle to implement that
> feature for 1.2. It would not be very complicated to add. But, it would
> “ship" completely untested.

Then may I humbly suggest to postpone the release of 1.2 for say one
month, and to release one more RC? After all, the main reason of this
postponing would be received contributions so this seems like a valid
reason to me (and because currently the Turkish installer looks really
bad without the right codepage). This way, new translations could be
added from freedoslocal.sf.net too.

The downside would be more work for you guys, but IMHO the idea is worth
considering. What do you think?