Hi guys,

I've been writing my own set of UNIX tools for DOS for personal use.

Same here, only for Windows. :-) (Designed with portability in mind.)

Would anyone like me to publish these here in their own thread?

Yes, please.

I realized long ago that the DOS batch syntax is so poor that you can't do anything serious with batch files. But I knew Unix well enough to also realize that inventing my own batch language would fire back if I wanted to make my stuff multi-platform. Thus standard Unix and Unix-syle (but custom) pipe stages are the best solution: batch files will not become 100% shell scripts but, at least, as similar as possible.

If so, are there any other commands that would be nice to add to them?

I missed a few things from "tr" and it was relatively simple to implement.

Joe
--
KOVÁCS Balázs aka Joe Forster/STA; s...@c64.rulez.org; http://sta.c64.org
Don't E-mail spam, HTML or uncompressed files! More contacts on homepage