It is not a port. It is a 16-bit clone with a FreeDOS attitude weighing in
less then 6K and pretty darn fast. I did it because it was fun. Whether or
not it is useful is another matter.

Porting Unix programs to a DOS based system is not that straight forward.
DJGPP provides a bunch of wrappers to get the functionality to do it.
However, they are 32-bit PM apps. Great stuff for sure.

Anyway, it came to my attention that Ercan is working on DOS Coreutils
Project.