This is clearly work in progress.

Publishing for comments, even if rather incomplete.

I am realizing I am ignoring the project current package format(s).

I have the feeling the package format for 1.3 is not documented yet.

Although one could look at it inside the iso image.

I believe we have to decide which languages we "support", and for each
language, what encodings we use.

I believe we should "support" more languages for the CORE packages, than the
others.

I guess there is some "mandatory" languages, and some "recommended" languages.

Well, in an ideal world, one would ask to build binary packages from a source
package,

and would have nothing to add more.

But there is quite a lot of information, that the builder must give, not the
author of source code.

So, what a source package should looks like?

name directory (it is unclear for now, how the info is separated in different
files)

  author_name

  author_email

  primary url

  secondary url

  common source files

  source license

  documentation license

  BINARIES

    for each binary:

      specific source files

      version

      name

      descr[language]_present: no need to say true, the fact that the line is
present is telling true

      LANGUAGES

        for each language: (all files is in the encoding chosen by the FreeDOS
project for this language)

          description.txt

          name.txt (how to use name binary)

          help.txt (shown by the command itself)

          usage.txt (short for name.txt, possibly shown by the command with -?
option)

Seems to me that if there is just one binary associated with source, then
common source files should be empty,

meaning all sources should be in the specific binary directory under BINARIES.

Reading a bit more about pgp, I realized pgp promote detach signatures as a way

to sign a file in a different file (very usefull for binary files).

They tend to sign a file named name.ext into a file named name.ext.sig

I have updated this idea in this new version.

name.hdr.sig

name.hdr

  variant: dufresnep

  version: 1.0

  program_name

  program_version

  builder_name

  build_date

  build_hour

  build_compiler_used

  type_of_public_builder_source: none,git,included

    optional git_url

    included_src_type: none, zip, etc.

  author

    type_of_public_source: none, get, etc.

    optional git_url

  descr_present: true/false

  if descr_present then descr_encoding

  llvm_present: true/false

  32b_present: true/false

  16b_present: true/false

  src_present: true/false

  if src_present then src_encoding:

name.dsc

optional name.lvm (llvm code)

if name.lvm is present, then name.lvm.sig should be present

optional name.32b (32 bit code)

if name.32b is present, then name.32b.sig should be present

optional name.16b

if name.16b is present, then name.16b.sig should be present

optional name.src

if name.src is present, then name.src.sig should be present