>> in https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/svn/HEAD/tree/kernel/  there are
>> no recent changes. could the 'leader' please specify where official
>> sources are, who is official maintainer, aso.

> AFAIK, the maintainer is Jeremy Davis, and he last updated it on his
> Github 13 days ago:

> * https://github.com/PerditionC/fdkernel

AFAIK the official website www.freedos.org has a label [SOURCES].
this points to https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/svn/HEAD/tree/
the last changes there are from (FreeCOM) 2018 and (kernel) 2016.

how on earth should a non-insider like me discover hidden source code on
github?

>> writing and running a couple of .BAT files would be cool.

> To do what or test what? I've written dozens of .BATs over the years
> of varying quality. I'm not holding back any amazing scripts. Most of
> my stuff is public, but it's a bit disorganized. MetaDOS had a bunch
> (albeit spaghetti code) that was partially used as test, IIRC. But I
> haven't had time to go back to that to try to kick the tires some
> more.

as the bug (stackoverflow) was detected by running your MetaDOS
batches, it would be helpful to see if now all bugs are fixed.

in addition a couple of 'test LFN' batches might be written also to
avoid recurrence of old bugs.

Tom