On 26.07.2021 01:29, Jim Hall wrote:

> And: With the updates we have, are we ready to release this as
> "FreeDOS 1.3" or do we need a "FreeDOS 1.4 RC5"?

As a translator and somewhat a tester, IMHO a RC5 would be necessary.
For example, when one chooses the French or Turkish (and possibly other)
keyboard layouts on the installer, after the installation this is not
taken into account (bug 282 & bug 306).

FreeCOM wasn't using some of the translations in RC4, so there was no
easy way to check if they were OK (see
<https://github.com/FDOS/freecom/issues/24>).

I stupidly left French translations of diskcopy, fdnpkg, md5sum and mem
in UTF-8 (no idea how I managed this, sorry) -- this will be fixed when
Jerome has time to take care of
<https://github.com/shidel/fd-nls/issues/26>.

Fritz Mueller also brought to my attention some mistakes in Blocek
translations (keyboard shortcut & charset issues) that I need to fix
(and Blocek 1.62 would need to be packaged to replace 1.4 if Laaca
doesn't finish and release 1.7 in time for FreeDOS 1.3).

Obviously none of these are showstoppers but as compiling this stuff is
beyond my abilities, I'd love to be able to check it with a new RC and
make final adjustments if necessary to avoid giving a bad overall
impression to newbies like me.