On 9.12.2021 01:15, Jerome Shidel wrote:
> Hello FreeDOS Community,
>
> The wait for 1.3-RC5 is over. It has arrived!

Yay! Thank you!

I gave it a quick try in VirtualBox after choosing French and Turkish in
the installer and here are some remarks:

* Blocek needs to be updated to 1.62r2, translations do not seem to be
included for 1.4
* When launching PGME, I couldn't find the PGME.BAT file. So I can't
start FDIMPLES for instance.
* Speaking of FDIMPLES, it doesn't display Turkish characters like ş, ğ,
ı and so on.
* APPEND /? is in English whereas translations for several languages
exist on FD-NLS repo.
* After installing in French, the keyboard layout is correct, so bug
#282 on SF seems to be fixed. But the Turkish Q keyboard doesn't work
after installation (haven't tested the F layout yet) so bug # 306 on SF
still seems to be with us.
* In VirtualBox the network seems to be automagically detected, which is
*great*. But when I try to use say FDNET, I get a packet driver error
and it can't establish a connection. Has anyone tried to see if that
works by default with a NAT connection? On my side the gateway is
detected as 10.0.2.2 whereas it should be 192.168.0.1.

I also noticed some translation typos, stuff like a Parameter Error in
French in CDROM.BAT, a /p in the installer in Turkish and some slight
layout problems mem because of a missing space. After playing a little
more with the new RC, I'll send corrections to FD-NLS.

Thanks again for the RC5!