Hello,

> On Jan 7, 2022, at 7:12 AM, Emir SARI via Freedos-devel
> <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Hello Jerome,
>
>> Boot to standard US English Codepage.
>
> Changed the codepage to 437, verified with broken Turkish display characters.
>
>> Then run them through the conversion program (mkvV8Font). You will see that
>> some characters in the normal codepage are aligned differently. You will
>> want to tell it to include those in the new font as well (Press Y). If you
>> tell the program to try auto mode, I don’t recall if it will auto-accept
>> different alignment. It’s been a while since I through that program together.
>
> Run the CP857.FNT font file through the program (just gave the file name as
> argument), manually approved all characters with “y”, it told me that it
> saved all the characters. I see that there is a file named .V8F is saved,
> renamed it to CP857.V8F.
>
> On another note, all characters baseline seemed to be the same.
>
>> Once, you created the V8F file. While still Using the English codepage, load
>> it using vfont and just set LANG=TR. The run"PKGINFO /d /p” to output a
>> bunch of text and verify it looks correct.
>
> It says: “Invalid font file format”.
>
> Did I do something wrong?

Hmmm, it is possibly a bug in the conversion program. It was thrown together
very quickly and only has been used a couple times.

So, did you approve all 256 characters or just the alpha-numeric ones? If it
was just yes to everything, the program might have had issues generating the
V8F file.

Did you make any character changes? If so, send me a set and change them over.
If not, I’ll just convert the existing version I have again. Making sure to
include all alphabet characters. Not just the language changed/new ones.

Jerome