Hi,

> On Oct 28, 2022, at 7:13 AM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> PS: I noticed that Jim's TRCH only translates one char at a time,
> do we already have a variant which is as powerful as Linux "TR",
> supporting for example TR 'a-z' 'A-Z' or TR -d '\n' and so on?
> Non-DOS Notepad++ text editor also juggles with upper/lower case.

While not a clone of TR, VSTR (part of V8Power Tools) will convert case along
with several other things. Mostly some of text related functionality similar to
several Unix/Linux tools that are needed by the OS installer. Things like
search and replace, stripping indentation and blank lines, return fields for
lines, etc.

Being part of V8PT, it is installed with BASE and FULL. It is also available
when booting the LiveCD.

:-)

Jerome