Hi All,

It is interesting no one has mentioned this very simple Public Domain command
line player that is similar to the CDP program.

https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/PlayCD
<https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/PlayCD>

I’ve created a packages for SJGPlay, PLAYCD and 386Max in the GitLab Archive.
https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/sound/sjgplay
<https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/sound/sjgplay> (Public Domain)
https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/sound/playcd
<https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/sound/playcd> (Public Domain)
https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/drivers/386max
<https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/drivers/386max> (GPLv3)

386Max has not been fully converted to package format for simple installation.
You must install the package sources. There you will find a DISK\TMPOUT
subdirectory which contains the pre-compiled binaries originally released with
the project. These binaries still display the old license. Someone may  wish to
figure out how to compile the sources and update those messages to display the
new license.

All we will need to decide is wether or not to include these in the upcoming
T2303 Interim Build.

I propose that since PLAYCD is the most similar to CDP, to include PLAYCD
instead of CDP.
(That would be with FULL and on the BonusCD.)
As for SJGPlay and 386Max, to just include those on the BonusCD.

Does that sound good?

Other possible new packages to consider for inclusion (or at least watch):

AHCICDU - CD/DVD optical disk driver (unsure of license)
https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/AHCICDU
<https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/AHCICDU>

SBEMU - Sound Blaster Emulation with OPL3 for AC97 (state and license unknown)
https://github.com/crazii/SBEMU <https://github.com/crazii/SBEMU>

XDMA - Revived UDMA Driver to be used in Qemu, 86Box, PCem, … (GPLv2+)
https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/XDMA
<https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/XDMA>

386SWAT - GPLv3, Debugger (may require someone to compile)
https://github.com/sudleyplace/386SWAT <https://github.com/sudleyplace/386SWAT>

GW-BASIC - MIT License, Microsoft’s original 1983 version
https://github.com/microsoft/GW-BASIC <https://github.com/microsoft/GW-BASIC>

DOSLINUX - GPLv3, DOS Subsystem for Linux
Run real linux programs under DOS.
Why? IDK. (requires someone to compile)
https://github.com/haileys/doslinux <https://github.com/haileys/doslinux>

DIFPAT, GPLv2, DIFF and PATCH Utilities