Hi! As we have various drivers which use the network redirector API,
CD/DVD redirector API or both, including drivers which use those for
different purposes, which advantage do we expect from using a special
IFS API which is both "more on topic" and "less existing", as in only
very specific DOS versions may have supported it? My impression was
that things like vmsmount and etherdfs work fine without that API :-)

Also note that the low-level format is not visible through IFS, so it
does not matter whether you use FAT32, FAT16 or NTFS. However, it may
matter whether you want long file names or files > 2 GB. For those,
I hope that the usual Win9x DOS 7.x int 21 calls have counterparts in
the network and CD redirector API space of the same DOS generations.

Regards, Eric