Don't know why I did not found your message on
https://www.mail-archive.com/freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/maillist.html .

---- Le Thu, 21 Sep 2023 02:49:13 -0400 Rugxulo via Freedos-devel  a écrit ----
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 1:35 PM Jerome Shidel via Freedos-devel
 > freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
 > >
 > > On Sep 17, 2023, at 10:56 AM, Paul Dufresne via Freedos-devel
 > > freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
 > >
 > > Title:            DJGPP.GCC
 > > Version:          12.2.0
 > > Entered-date:     2022-08-31
 >
 > Two comments I want to make here:
 >
 > 1). gcc122b.zip is 51 MB (upstream) and needs (at minimum):
 > bnu2351b.zip (6 MB) and djdev205.zip (2.4 MB) and of course
 > csdpmi7b.zip (70 kb).

For me, size is not a big thing...
using FreeDOS under QEMU, have plenty of hard disk space.

I believe it would be appropriate to have a DJGPP gcc bonus "CD".
Because the big size is really because of DJGPP gcc and associated packages.
Maybe include i16gcc (as this is the same source?... unsure).

Was proposed to have a development bonus separate of the rest...
don't remember really what was the conclusion.

I tend to think latest version should be better... don't really want
to think too much to which version I need. Last one suppose to work.
That said, often FreeDOS programs are old and are harder to compile
with most recent version... although I remember that there use to
be some command line options to support older projects.

I believe in updating projects to compile with newer versions... so I tend
to think the newest version is the best.

 > And since FreeDOS includes sources, it's going to be much bigger,
 > right?
Gcc is under GPL v.3... I think it is more ok to split to a gcc source package,
and have a gcc binary package only... maybe an ADA binary package too.
I believe it is more ok for v.3 to have a link to source on a server (compare
to v.2).

> I'm not sure who exactly demands GCC 12.2 over older (smaller)
> versions. And it does not bootstrap atop DOS at all.
Does not bootstrap atop DOS? What you means exactly?

I work(ed) a bit to update to Raku the Perl program to unzip a package from
Gitlab, and
make a FreeDOS package of it. The part to make
file path to 8:3 is working... but the library to unzip a package seems to need
to unzip the full package, and not be able to unzip a single file at a time,
like
the Perl version was.
Well, it just because I believe Raku as being more interesting than Perl.
But this means the program will not work on FreeDOS, because there is a
Perl package, not a Raku one... would need some work to make the Raku "VM"
to be ported to FreeDOS DJGPP.

I intend to upload to raku.land/ and when it will work some test files, I
intend to
post here about it.