I am working on an academic project that requires understanding the MAD
programming language so I can pick apart (and faithfully recreate) an old
MAD program. That's the Michigan Algorithm Decoder, from 1959 and the early
1960s.

MAD is similar to original FORTRAN, but there are some things that are just
weird. So I thought if I had a MAD compiler, I could try writing a few
simple programs to make sure I understand what is going on.

This seems like something that might have been ported to DOS at some point
in the 1980s. At least, I thought that might be a good place to look.

Does anyone know of a MAD compiler for DOS?