Hi Jim,
thanks for your response. Xcopy is not the only thing, maybe you remember tree 3.72 in this forum?

Independent from this here is an update of my actual list of tools / programs where you / the group should have your focus on.
I simply copied them out of my actual list, I can / do not give a comment about if it really makes sense to change / update something,
maybe some are nonsense or not, let the mailing list decide what to do (e.g. updating FDTxx, adding newer files at ibiblio, github, gitlab, whatever):
("FD uses" means: It is in use by FDT2402, some were already mentioned by you).

amb: https://ambook.sourceforge.net/ - version 2024-01-31 - FD uses 2020-12-23

debug: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/DOS-debug - version 2.0.2 - FD uses 2.0

dojs: https://github.com/SuperIlu/DOjS/releases - version 1.12.1 - FD uses 1.11

dosview: https://github.com/SuperIlu/DosView - version 1.5 - NOT in use by FD?

fbc (free basic compiler): https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbc/files/ version 1.10.1 - seems
    to be version 1.0.9.

hx DOS extender: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/HX - version 2.21 - NOT in use by FD?

jemm: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/Jemm - version 5.84 - FD uses 5.83

jwasm: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/JWasm - version 2.17 - FD uses 2.16

lDebug: https://pushbx.org/ecm/download/ldebug/ - version 7 - NOT in use by FD?

lzip: https://www.bttr-software.de/ports/#lzip - version 1.20 by rr - seems that FD still uses
      version 1.9

lziprecover: https://www.bttr-software.de/ports/#lzip - version 1.21 by rr - seems that FD still uses
      an older version.

localcfg: http://svardos.org/?p=repo - goto localcfg - version 20231227,
      Jerome mentioned that there is no source code, it is anywhere here:
      http://svn.svardos.org/listing.php?repname=SvarDOS&path=%2Flocalcfg%2Ftags%2F20231227%2F&#abc499a7279bc01cf48f94b2beb25e4b4
      - FD uses 0.90 (has a bug which does not allow to work with it.

lzop: https://www.lzop.org/ - section:"search for 32-bit DOS" - version 1.01 - works fine with FD
      - FD uses 0.9.6

sb16pcm: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/SB16PCM - version 1.0

tree: do not know the actual situation, I got a promise that someone will check whats the matter.

xcopy version 1.4 or 1.5? See discussion at FD mailing list or bttr.

xdma: https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/XDMA - version 3.4a - NOT in use by FD?

zoo: ver 2.1 does not support bigger HD sizes ("FAT32") when recovering zoo files (error message):
     There is a patch, see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRexqJvbKvNwRNPlAhvIEF1Toee_Cbtt/view
     discussion about this was at bttr-software.de - forum, see:
     https://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=21046

Willi / Fritz