Hi Christian,

> seems to be an older issue, but BUFFERSHIGH is not recognised by

BUFFERS are always in the HMA as soon as FreeDOS uses the HMA
(DOS=HIGH) unless the BUFFERS are too many to fit in the HMA.
Of course one could make BUFFERHIGH a synonym for BUFFERS? ;-)

> FreeDOS. Buffers are loaded correctly into HMA, nevertheless FreeDOS
> tells me that it does not like this option while it is parsing the
> config.sys. Other options like FILESHIGH, LASTDRIVEHIGH etc. are all
> found and defined in config.h / config.c.

As far as I remember, FILESHIGH / LASTDRIVEHIGH is something
from "Windows 95/98 DOS" which puts the data structures in
question into UMB, not into HMA...? What you would/should do
in FreeDOS is "DOSDATA=UMB" which puts all FILES, LASTDRIVE
and so on data which can be moved into UMB into UMB :-).

Eric