> Which app crashes from running on a FAT+ kernel? (Presuming you don't even
> have that large files, or that the app doesn't access these files.)
> Excluding low-level disk utilities such as defragmenting or disk checking
> programs of course, because EVERY new or extended filesystem breaks them.

each and every general file handling program like:
 COPY, XCOPY, Norton/Volkow Commander, ...
 ZIP, RAR, ...
 CHKDSK (and don't tell me CHKDSK isn't important), all Norton stuff
 xxBACKUP

while they probably won't crash, some wont to what they
are expected to do.

Are you prepared to check the entire ecosystem of DOS utilities if
they can handle 4GB+ size files ?

it's probably MUCH a better idea to teach this hypotetical blueray
player to handle multiple files.

that's the reason I think that 4GB+ is a real stupid idea.

> DOS-C's FAT+ support could be set by default

I don't care what you do to DOS-C. but the FreeDOS kernel shouldn't
support FAT+

> Since DOS-C doesn't (yet) support FAT16 file systems larger than 4 GiB
yes another stupid idea.

> , FAT16+ is no option anyway.
right.

Tom