>> Which app crashes from running on a FAT+ kernel? (Presuming you don't
>> even
>> have that large files, or that the app doesn't access these files.)
>> Excluding low-level disk utilities such as defragmenting or disk
>> checking
>> programs of course, because EVERY new or extended filesystem breaks
>> them.
>
> each and every general file handling program like:
>  COPY, XCOPY, Norton/Volkow Commander, ...
>  ZIP, RAR, ...
>  CHKDSK (and don't tell me CHKDSK isn't important), all Norton stuff
>  xxBACKUP
>
> while they probably won't crash, some wont to what they
> are expected to do.
>
> Are you prepared to check the entire ecosystem of DOS utilities if
> they can handle 4GB+ size files ?
>
> it's probably MUCH a better idea to teach this hypotetical blueray
> player to handle multiple files.
>
> that's the reason I think that 4GB+ is a real stupid idea.

>> (Presuming you don't even
>> have that large files, or that the app doesn't access these files.)

I don't think copy or archive utilities would care if they won't access
the large files.

>> Excluding low-level disk utilities such as defragmenting or disk
>> checking
>> programs of course, because EVERY new or extended filesystem breaks
>> them.

I would describe CHKDSK as "defragmenting or disk checking program". I
mean, did you even READ my mail? It's not like you have to, but please do
if you're going to answer it.

>> DOS-C's FAT+ support could be set by default
>
> I don't care what you do to DOS-C. but the FreeDOS kernel shouldn't
> support FAT+

Yo, as mentioned in the previous mails, I refer to the FreeDOS kernel as
DOS-C. And maybe you're right, and the FreeDOS kernel needs forking for
every feature.

>> Since DOS-C doesn't (yet) support FAT16 file systems larger than 4 GiB
> yes another stupid idea.
>
>> , FAT16+ is no option anyway.
> right.

Sometimes I think your mails aren't worth an answer.