On 20/05/2013 02:11, Louis Santillan wrote:
I apologize for mis-posting to fd-user previously.

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de <mailto:t...@drivesnapshot.de>> wrote:

    Dear Louis,

    a few points

    a) the FreeDOS project isn't very interested in a BC5 compiled
    kernel because BC5 isn't freely available/open source;
    I also doubt the output of BC5 will be significant better then the OW
    output.
    feel free to experiment, but don't expect us to be excited ;)

I'm not sure how you can say the FreeDOS project isn't interested in a BC5 kernel.

Tom meant to say "don't expect me to be excited" ;) he is obviously not speaking for everybody on this mailing list. I for one would be interested to see size/speed numbers for any compiler free or commercial.

Good luck with BC5,

Hans
www.ht-lab.com