> We were working on PDOS development particularly interrupt number
> Int 21/AH=0Eh(Select Default Drive). While testing the PDOS function
> i  came across a particular behaviour in FreeDOS, according to the
> description given in the documentation
> "http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-2570.htm";
>
> "Return: AL = number of potentially valid drive letters".
>
> When tested using a function PDOS returns,
>
> Booting from Hard Disk...
> welcome to PDOS-16
> welcome to pcomm

C:\>>functest

> The return value is x 4 x

C:\>>

> While testing the same behaviour in FreeDOS,

C:\DEVEL\PDOS\SRC>>functest

> The return value is x 5 x

it would help if you would tell us what PDOS is.

besides this, http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-2570.htm states

'the return value is the greatest of 5, the value of LASTDRIVE= in CONFIG.SYS,
 and the number of drives actually present'

and max(5, x) can't be smaller then 5

> Is this expected? Please let me know if anybody needs more details.
yes

Tom