On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 19:25:52 +0000, Mateusz Viste wrote:
> I am trying to compile the FreeDOS kernel from svn's tag ke2042, but it
> appears that build.bat fails to assemble several files. For instance:
>
>       nasm -DTC2 -DWITHFAT32 -i../hdr/ -DXCPU=86 -f obj floppy.asm
>   nasm: error: more than one input file specified nasm: error: more than
>   one input file specified

Hi,

Your problem is related to the fact that your "nasm" command doesn't call
nasm.exe directly. Instead, it calls a batch file named nasm.bat which
has been placed in your %PATH% by the FDNPKG installer. This nasm.bat
file is pretty straight-forward:

  @ECHO OFF
  C:\DEVEL\NASM\NASM.EXE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

While in theory such trick should work (and it does work with most other
utilities out there), somehow it doesn't play out right with nasm. Simply
edit your CONFIG.BAT to set its XNASM variable to the full path to your
copy of nasm.exe, and you're done. Enjoy!

cheers,
Mateusz