On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:44:44PM +0200, Eric Auer wrote:

> I assume that given the right BIOS CMOS setup the PCI card will
> simply work with all DOS programs.

True, but how does a DOS program know what IRQ and port to
use?  Can it use one of the predefined ones(4,3,4,3 &
2e8,3e8,2f8,3f8) or will it be some other unusual combo?

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing
well.

http://GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for free!