Hi!

21-Сен-2004 00:47 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jose Antonio Senna) wrote to "Arkady
V.Belousov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

JAS> I have been using your version of FreeDOS kernel,which I downloaded
JAS> from Luchezar Georgiev site.
JAS> So far,it behaved as well as the mainstream version.I would like to
JAS> report two problems,however:
JAS> One minor problem is that it returns an error in the line of my
JAS> fdconfig.sys file that sets
JAS>  LASTDRIVE=F:
JAS>            ^

     In LASTDRIVE statement you should use only letter, without following
colon. Ie.:

lastdrive=f

JAS> with the caret under the F as shown.At that time,there are actually
JAS> only A: to D: drives,but this should not be a problem.Anyway,it sets
JAS> correctly A: to F: drives.

     This is strange, because with wrong argument ("F:" instead "F")
statement should be ignored (my changes include rejecting any actions for
statements with wrong arguments).

JAS> A somewhat worse problem did happen yesterday:I tried to move a file
JAS> from HD to floppy using FreeDOS move command:
JAS>  move d:\pdfr\pdfs\akizcat.002 a:\
JAS> (that file size was exactly the floppy size)
JAS> move reported a write problem in the floppy:
JAS>  Error writing to drive A: DOS area:Data error (bad CRC)
JAS>  (A)bort,(I)gnore,(R)etry,(F)ail ?
JAS> on my reply R<CR>,I got
JAS>  PANIC:more than two new fnodes requested at same time!
JAS>  System halted
JAS> and system really halted.
JAS> The floppy had a write problem,(perhaps some dust),
JAS> but failure to move a file,even on retry,should not crash the system.

     Hm. This is question for Bart Oldeman, who implements fnodes logic.
Also, question to Lucho: is he includes patch from tom to kernel, which
available from his site? Probably, there is problem, which mentioned by tom
by tom and should be fixed by his patch (at least, here we also have
Critical Error handler).