[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:

Does anyone know what this bug is and whether it could be fixed in
FreeDOS?  The program I'm running is the only reason I'm still
using DOS!  :-)  I'm going to try the Beta9 FreeDOS, but the
older version of FreeDOS would not run this program.

Thanks very much for any help. I'd love to be able to switch to FreeDOS.

Mark, you might want to try a development kernel, as I believe someone changed something which made things work again
www.fdos.org/kernel
probably wanted file: http://fdos.org/kernel/kwc8632.dev.zip
rename any .SYS file (not SYS.COM) you find (about 40KB) in the archive to KERNEL.SYS and copy it over your previous FreeDOS kernel.

Bernd